Thursday, January 18, 2007

Almost off to Great Barrier Island I probably won't be blogging for the next 10 days or so, cause I'm taking off to http://www.malachi-4-6.com with the girls to take care of the children at the camp. I am very excited about it - despite the exhaustion of all the preparations! Felt in my heart when I heard about "The Gathering" a year ago that God was going to "show up" and I wanted to be there - and help in whatever area of need. When I committed myself to work with the children some months ago, I had no idea what situation we were gonna find ourselves in right now, but that's alright. I have found that the most significant things that have happened in ministry (at least in our lives) have been at the most unlikely times when we were stretched to the max and thought we weren't going to make it. I guess it's when we're weak that God can show himself strong - he's probably just waiting for that moment :) What I am not looking forward is the 4hour drive and 2 1/2hour boat ride to Great Barrier Island. I don't usually do too well in boat trips - and driving across Auckland isn't my favorite passtime either. So PLEASE pray with me for a good trip and that the ocean would be CALM AS CAN BE!!! Concerning our house purchase, we've had another breakthrough: There is a bank in Germany that is willing to give us a loan (quite amazing, really!!!) - under the condition that we find a guarantor. So - down to 8 days and one more miracle necessary! Lord, please find a person in Germany that would be willing to co-sign with us!!!! (nobody in sight as of today)

No comments: