Monday, January 29, 2007
Back from Orama
The girls and I got back from Great Barrier Island late Saturday night.
I was completely exhausted from a full-on week and long trip back.
The ocean was gorgeous once again and the smooth boat trip brought some inner healing to some nasty boat experiences in the past... :)
It was a fabulous camp - an amazing bunch of the most beautiful people you could wish to hang out with! 200 people of ALL ages and coming from many countries, including Singapore, China, HongKong, South Africa, Germany, France and Russia! The majority of them having been or currently in full-time ministry. What a richness!!!
God did some DEEP work in people's lives.
As I was taking care of the children, I only got a tiny taste of what was happening at the meetings. But that was ok, since I knew it beforehand and I'd really only come for that.
Great kids, too!
We were teaching the kids to hear the voice of God and had an amazing experience one afternoon. Some children were out on the beach with a mother and as they asked God if he wanted to tell them anything, they started seeing a school of fish making up letters and words!!!
Now have you EVER heard of anything like this???!!! (I sure haven't!!!)
I've read that God can speak through a donkey and likes to have all kinds of other playful fun with his children, but having fish form letters for little 7-year-olds that just barely know how to read...?!
Some of the words that were spelled were: FUN - LUV (interesting spelling!) - HE IS COMING - QUICKLY
Hmmmmm.... we were blown away by this experience when we heard it.
Too bad I wasn't there when it happened. But the Mother and kids were over the moon!
Now this is encouraging for us, too. Is there ANYTHING too hard for God???
We are supposed to have the financing for our home lined up by today or tomorrow, so that we can do the down-payment and move in this week-end (we have to be out of the student housing we're in, since new students are arriving).
Still no word about a sufficient security in Germany - nor any other breakthrough.
I've got to admit that I am struggling - we all are...
We feel to wait another couple of days for a breakthrough.
The pressure is at its peak - Thanks for your prayers!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment