Sunday, February 25, 2007
Highlight of the day
Although I must say that church was pretty cool this morning (I actually got to stay in the service instead of doing childrens ministry), the highlight of my day was - - -
GUESS ???
Well???
Catching my first waves EVER on a buggy board this afternoon!
It was soooooooo much fun! I can't believe I've waited this long for this experience!
Somebody looked at me like I was crazy when I told her this week that I have only gone into the ocean ONCE in the two years that we've lived here.
"Why did you come to New Zealand if you don't like swimming in the ocean?", she said.
Why we came to New Zealand is a whole story in itself. One thing is for sure: it was NOT for the waves and the beach - although they are a fun family activity on a beautiful summer day like today! We got together with two families from Germany that are here at the moment.
I even got to hold hands with Nathalie one time as we "rode" a wave right next to each other - mother/daughter bonding at a whole new level :) YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment