Friday, June 30, 2006

Most Beautiful Assignment! As I was holding Shohan in the early hours of the morning today after he had peacefully fallen asleep, I just couldn't get myself to put him back into his bassinet although my body was telling me I needed sleep. I felt overcome by a deep sense of joy and fulfillment. In my 25 years of serving God, I have done many very varied forms of ministry. Helping people come to know Christ, training them, interceding, impacting cities and countries, counseling, seeing people delivered and healed, touched by the love and power and God - these are some of my favorites. But I decided this morning that my most beautiful assignment - besides having and raising my own children - was taking care of Shohan. What a HUGE privilege to be a part of "writing the first words into this new book" - a similar feeling to when you get to make the first footprints on freshly fallen, pure snow ... it is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Most likely Shohan will go back with his parents in a week or so and will be raised to become a Muslim - or so they think. But - oh - the power of prayer! I believe firmly that all of our prayers for and over Shohan will have their effect. It is so exciting!!! I better get going to prepare breakfast quickly now... Just HAD TO share this :)

No comments: