Saturday, June 24, 2006

A very touching Promise How about this: "I have upheld you since you were conceived and have carried you since your birth. Even to your old age and grey hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." (Isaiah 46,3-4) Reading this has moved me to tears this morning... As you know, God is entrusting a little newborn baby into our care for some time. What a picture - God has upheld Shohan since he was conceived and has carried him since his birth this week! WOW!!! It may look differently in human understanding, but this is what God says! This little boy with a Mom that is not able to care for him and a Muslim Dad is in God's hand, carried by him right now! And we get the privilege for a little while to be God's outstretched arms to hold, carry, love and pray for him! Incredible privilege! The second part of the promise - the one with the grey hair - well, guess who that's for? Talk about comfort for me (although Im still young, don't know why the grey hair is showing up...). What a promise to hold on to for these next weeks (and beyond), when life may be a bit crazy. God will sustain, carry and rescue me! BEAUTIFUL!!! AWESOME GOD!!!

No comments: