Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happiest Person on Earth

My life is far from perfect in every respect - and yet - today, I felt like I was the happiest person on planet earth. For the first time in a couple of weeks, I took a break from running around, unpacking, shopping and cleaning. I took the time to take Kylie and Toffee for a walk. WOW! I am SOOOO blessed!!! It was a BEAUTIFUL day. The park that is close to our house borders on the water and I was just blown away by the beauty of God's creation - once again! The stillness of the water, the quietness of the park, interrupted only by singing birds. Toffee (our dog) running around happy as can be and chasing sea gulls in the water, Kylie enjoying herself thoroughly. She asked me to go back home and get a picnic to eat at the park, which we did. It was so much fun! I was pondering just how blessed I am: Besides having God in my life and a wonderful husband (though absent at the moment), how many women have the privilege of staying home with their small children? I couldn't bear the thought of dropping Kylie off at some daycare every day. I love taking care of her and walking with her on the journey of discovery of LIFE! I get to teach her German and French, which she will need in her future life. She's my little disciple, along with the 3 other precious treasures the Lord has entrusted into my/our care. I may not have many earthly goods but I couldn't be happier if I did! My needs are met - and more. Our new house is feeling more like home every day. The view is just stunning! What a blessing!!! Nature itself ministers to my soul - so much! I see and feel God all through it! THANK YOU, GOD!!!

No comments: