Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Staying at home today Yeah! I get to stay home most of today and I am so excited! Since we moved into our 2nd temporary housing (almost 6 weeks ago), life has been such that I have hardly spent any time at the house, except early morning and nights. And for this home-buddy, this has been a challenge. Right now I should be driving Jeremie to his rowing practice (getting up at 5:00am just about every day), but he's come down with a cold and I sent him back to bed. He's got the two main rowing competitions www.schoolrowing.org.nz of the year coming up. The first one starts the day after tomorrow - the next one in ten days. The intensity of their preparation just blows me away. As much as we think that it has been good for Jeremie (and he is doing really well), we all can't wait for the season to be over. The days - and week-ends - have been very long because of it and it has really limited our social life to bare bones. If Jeremie continues in the next season, he will at least have his driver's licence and this will be a HUGE relief (to us!!!). I've got to gear up for our upcoming move on Saturday. Pack up once again and clean the whole house - NOT my favorite occupation - but I've got to admit that I am VERY EXCITED to finally get "settled" again - who knows for how long...

No comments: