Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Random Reflections As we come to the end of our 4-month journey into our new home, I am reflecting on what I've experienced and learned: * THERE IS ALWAYS A WAY (and no need to panic - ever!) - I learned this from Darlene Cunningham during our "Leadership Training School" in Tonga under very challenging circumstances * Life is really enjoyable if you concentrate on the positive sides of ANY circumstance! * There is ALWAYS something positive you can find - no matter what else goes wrong * It is possible to enjoy the journey and not just the destination! * Attitude makes all the difference! * It's okay not to understand God - he's God after all * It's okay not to be able to answer all the questions * If Mom is happy, the kids are, too! * My back isn't made for living in the car * How to buy a house in New Zealand (at least theoretically) * It is possible to pull off a nice family-Christmas with guests in less than a week. * Never leave your wallet in the glove compartment of your locked car when you go fishing (actually Rich's lesson) * ALWAYS back up the information on your computer * I could be happy living anywhere - in the middle of the city, the country, suburbia, surrounded by houses * I really enjoy close neighbours and building relationships with them * It's not bad living in a small house - there's less house-work to be done! * Changing your phone numbers (and memorizing them) on a regular basis is good brain training and keeps ya young :)

No comments: