Friday, March 16, 2007

White House on a Hill

We almost made it through our first week at the new house! OOUFF!!! It was/is VERY strenous - both physically and emotionally this time - - - especially knowing that there is no guarantee that we will be able to live here for a long time. Is it that I'm getting older (had my birthday this week, too) or the strain of moving is accumulating and really getting to me...??? Don't know. Maybe both... When we were praying about our housing situation with our children a while ago, Nathalie "saw" a white house on a hill. This is exactly where we've now ended up.(photos to follow when I can find the cord from the camera to the computer) Anybody know what I'm talking about? - not finding things half the time? I can't wait to get organized and finally have a place for everything and everything in its place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're gonna get there, little by little. One thing about moving is that in every new house you need things you don't have and you have things you don't need anymore/can't fit... So I've been doing a bit of shopping this week in pursuit of some colour coordination and organization. We have been blessed in amazing ways - let me tell you: Before our move, we had been trying to find a double bed for Leilani and Kylie. They had been sleeping on bunk beds but Leilani really doesn't like sleeping on top and Kylie can't cuz it would be too dangerous. Since Leilani doesn't mind sleeping in the same bed with Kylie, we were on the look-out for a double-bed for the two of them. I really wanted to have this bed on the day we moved in, in order to avoid having to assemble the bunk beds just to take them down again later. In the morning of our move, when Rich went to our former landlords to pick up our stuff from their garage (where they had kindly agreed to store it for the last 3 months), they came out and asked if we couldn't use a double-bed. They had one they didn't want anymore and wanted to give it to us for free! Now isn't that amazing?! I was so blessed!!! And it's good quality too! The week before the move I had been looking around in every possible store in Tauranga for a new sheet/duvet cover set for Rich's and my bedroom, since the colours we had clashed with the colours of the new bedroom. I didn't find anything I liked that was affordable at the same time. Well - this week, a couple of the stores decided to put their bedding stuff on sale - like 40-50% - and I found what I liked AND could afford. I was so blessed! I had mentioned about Rich picking up a new/used dining table set. That's another story - we had felt that it was time to upgrade to a table that could seat more than just our family - since we love having guests. There again we'd looked around all over and the auction we ended up winning was a fantastic deal - beautiful and exceptional price! Yes, we are blessed - there is more I could say, but it'll have to wait for another time - I'm tiiiireed.

No comments: