Friday, September 08, 2006
A good laugh!
It's Friday night. The two toddlers (Kylie and Flynn) have just fallen asleep after a busy day, Rich is at the prayer house, Nathalie and Jeremie at youth group and Leilani at her friend's house overnight. Which leaves me with - - - the dinner dishes. So before attacking them and the rest of the necessary tidy up in the house, I enjoy a few minutes of blogging away.
When Flynn arrived, he brought a big book about dogs with him. So we looked at it this morning, page after page, admiring all the different varieties of dogs there are. Kylie was unusually quiet during that time and all of a sudden blurted out, "I love hot-dogs!" - LOL
Another one that had me literally on the floor and in tears with laughter was during dinner time. Flynn was getting down from the table and Rich wanted to know if he was finished. "Are you finished, Flynnished?" - - - oops :)
I received a rather nice compliment today when I brought a meal to a family that has recently lost the husband/Dad and the Mom is expecting her 4th child very soon, "Angel in disguise" - wish my family ever called me that for preparing dinner each night - - - :)
I hadn't seen Vanessa since we moved (they live 30 min. away) and knew nothing of her day, but both the 8-year-old daughter and the Mom had tears in their eyes when I arrived...
Still don't know more because I couldn't stay long (had 3 kids in the car), but I guess it is good to follow those promptings when they come.
So life continues to be fun - and challenging - especially with my body still fighting the flu. I am so grateful I can do all I need to do and don't have to stay in bed or rest much (although that would probably help :))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment