Saturday, September 09, 2006

Isn't God good?!! Today, I was reminded of something I heard many years ago. Somebody told me "God is no man's debtor", and "You can't outgive God". When I was playing today with Flynn and Kylie with the duplos, I was filled with thankfulness. We have a ton of duplos! In the past, there were quite a few times when our family had to move and leave behind just about all the kids' toys. I used to be sad about this (as were the kids), but we couldn't change it. It was just one of those sacrifices that came with our calling. One of the things we had left behind were our duplos. When we were in Germany last time, a family came up to us and offered us all of their duplos - for Kylie. They were even shipped to New Zealand free of charge and now Kylie and many other kids enjoy them! The amazing thing is that we now have WAY MORE duplos than we ever left behind!!! Another sacrifice about raising children on the mission field was that there were virtually no playgrounds. Growing up in a Western nation, you look forward to playing on playgrounds with your kids, pushing them on the swing etc. We pretty much only got to do that when we were on furlough. Well, guess how God has outgiven us NOW? Nathalie started a new part-time job at "Lollipops Playland" just 5 min. from our home, It is a newly opened indoor playground and not just a little one - a wonderful one where you can easily have HOURS of fun! She was told today that her immediate family gets to go there any time for FREE!!! YAHOO!!! I know where our new favorite spot is going to be - Kylie's (and Leilani's, until she turns 12 and can't go anymore) anyways - and probably mine, since I will get to take them :)! Thanks, God!!! And thanks, Nathalie!

No comments: