Friday, September 29, 2006
Sleyd is with us!
Just a short note tonight before going to bed.
Little Sleyd has now been with us for a couple of days. He is the most delightful, cute, gorgeous, precious little boy you could imagine (photos to come after Sunday)! During the days, he is very easygoing and happy. The nights are another story :)
But the second night was already way better than the first, so I expect tonight to be even better. It would be so hard for any baby to just be dropped off at a family of total strangers!
Some of his crying the first night seemed so hard-breaking and intense. Poor little fellow! If I think about all that he has been through already in his short 16 months of life...
And it is also so sad that he doesn't even say "Mom" or "Dad" yet - cause he doesn't have any...
The people that have been taking care of him most of the time are good people, but they don't want him to call them Mom and Dad, because he will eventually have different parents.
It's in the courts right now and a family has been waiting to care for him permanently.
Lucky them!
I wish we could keep him!!! BUT - it is not meant to be (even though Rich and I would still like to adopt) - and Kylie will probably be glad about this. As much as she loves Sleyd, she is also quite jealous of him. This is the first time she is acting this way - and acting up quite a bit, too. Maybe it is his age??? She was fine with a newborn and with another one her own age... hmm, interesting.
I am totally enjoying this time with him, although it is full of challenges - and it is hard to find the time to eat - or go to the toilet :)
But I wouldn't trade it for anything! When I spend my time mostly playing with the two little ones, watching them outside in the beautiful sunshine, with the dog, cats, ducks and since today - 10 guinea pigs (that we are taking care of for friends for a few days) - and all of this in our beautiful garden - it just thrills me! To pour my love, affection and prayers into this little boy is so fulfilling!
Today, we went to the hot thermal pools. I am hoping that it will help decongest him, since his breathing is very heavy and he needs to take a lot of medication to help him breathe. I was also hoping for some relief for myself, since he came with a cold and cough and has already passed them to me. I was told it was part of his asthma and basically cronic - for some reason I thought that meant that it wasn't contagious... He also has a cronic runny nose. It is especially bad all morning. You have to wipe his nose every 2 minutes!
Anyway, I am fine despite it all, and happy! It feels like an ENORMOUS GIFT to me to be able to care for him these few days! And his happy smiles and affecionate cuddles make up for anything:)!
OK. I could go on and on - - - but I'd better get a few hours of sleep going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment