Friday, September 15, 2006
Ramblings
I've just got to share something else with you. I have found that when I write, it is partly to share with you, my friends and family. Another part is that I ENJOY writing things down - it helps me "digest" what is going on inside of me. A bit like some people who actually learn by talking... or rather it helps them work through an issue or come to a decision when they talk, talk, talk... :)
I am like that sometimes - poor Rich :) - what a blessing that he is a good listener (most of the time!)
So here I go again:
Yesterday when I was driving home from Hamilton, Nathalie's music blaring in the car, all of a sudden, this Scripture popped into my mind - very clearly - "I have set the Lord always before me. Because HE is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."(Psalm 16,8)
I kept thinking about it the rest of the trip home. This is really beautiful!
When I am driving the car, I always have to "set the road before me", be focused and not look around to the right or the left - at least not too much (as I wrote I did enjoy the landscape around me!).
Same with life - God has to be always before me - I need to be continually focused on him, in every little and big thing that comes along. That's the way to go!
Because HE is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. What a comforting picture!
NO OTHER REASON but the fact that I know he is at my right hand gives me CONFIDENCE, ASSURANCE and PEACE - no matter what happens in life!
That is so true, and how often have I experienced this throughout the years - through all kinds of very difficult situations. I will not be shaken, I can stand my ground and go through whatever it is - not without pain - but I can stand and not be shaken.
Here are some more verses from that Psalm - oh, do I enjoy the Word of God!
FOOOOD for my soul :)!!!
"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me, even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
THEREFORE - my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment