Friday, August 04, 2006

A little about Jeremie This is my 40th blog entrance since I started about 6 weeks ago! - and I've got to admit that I love writing it! I used to keep a journal yyeeeeaars ago - before babies came into my life. After that, it just didn't fit in anymore - hardly ever. And I usually did it a bit differently, writing to God. So - for my readers' sake - all couple of you out there - I adjusted it abit. Typing goes so much faster than handwriting and it is even more fun adding photos! Speaking of photos, here is one I took last night. I thought Jeremie had gone to sleep at his usual bedtime (9:30pm during the week) when I walked past his room and saw light on just before 10:00pm. When I peeked in, this is what I saw: He had fallen asleep reading his Bible - he'd probably protest and say that he actually didn't sleep but - hey - it sure seemed like it to me :) Reminded me of home schooling time when he'd sometimes fall asleep doing his math - and he even protests til this day saying that he just faked it then. Only difference being that I had him do maths, whereas the Bible he is reading totally on his own - way to go, boy! Keep it up!!! I am so proud of him and love him so much - as, of course, all my children!!! He's a really good kid. Got a great report card from school recently and is much praised by his teachers. He is very diligent, conscientious, patient, helpful, courteous, kind and - as he remarked himself the other day when we asked the children if they knew their strengths - humble :)! Of course, he is not perfect and if you want to know how, just ask Nathalie ;) He's got a tough few days ahead of him, having to catch up on all kinds of school work that he missed in the last couple of weeks being sick. Next Tuesday, he will have to be at school at 6:00am (!) for rowing practice and then in his first period (that's how they call it here) - English - he will have to deliver the speech he is preparing right now, next period write a science test, next period write an algebra test and I'm not sure if I forgot another test. Poor guy... I guess he's got his week-end cut out for him, studying and preparing. He's also recently started drumming lessons at school and was able to buy himself a used drum set. We discovered his talent with rythm when he was beating the tahitian drums as a 2-year-old - and weren't surprised when he wanted to take drum lessons!

No comments: