Thursday, August 17, 2006

What a character! I thought I couldn't believe my ears yesterday when I was doing my weekly grocery shopping with Kylie. She kept asking for me to buy this and that and finally - when we arrived at the check-out counter and I still refused to get her what she wanted (in that case it was gum), she argued that it was her birthday (her biggest birthday wishes had been gum and lipstick!). It didn't take much to convince her that her birthday was now finished - she knew. So she pulled her last string and in desperation let out a cry, "Well, then it's Christmas time!" I couldn't believe this! I didn't even think she knew the word "Christmas", let alone the idea that you get gifts for Christmas... Where did she get this from? I have no idea!!! Now, did she really just turn 3 - and not 13?!!

No comments: