Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sooo beautiful! I don't know about you - but when I see beautiful things in nature, it just MELTS MY HEART and fills me with thanksgiving to our INCREDIBLE CREATOR! This morning when I took Jeremie to rowing practice, I saw quite a few trees in bloom - and the most gorgeous colours: pink, burgundy, yellow, red! This blows my mind, because we are still in the middle of winter! We actually had the coldest night in the whole winter so far this week, of course with frost! Growing up in Germany, it was usually springtime, when those colours would come out. Not here! Last week, a friend told me that she knew a family that came to NZ a few years ago with the goal "to experience the cold". Now those people came from Canada, where it is extremely cold winter for 6 months of the year! And it seems that they did experience the cold when they were here! In Canada, everything is insulated and heated very well. Here, because the winter is only about 2-3 months, this is not the case and, as I wrote before, New Zealanders just rough it - often in shorts and bare feet... I am still sitting here with woolen underwear and the warmest jerseys (or sweaters, for the Americans). I better get going with my housework now and I am sure I will be able to peel off a layer or two very soon :)

No comments: