Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Another Fantastic Day
Who would have ever thought that a day of housework and mothering would be so thrilling for me - who used to consider especially the housework a necessary "drag" and would have rather been out to "save the world".
Save the world I still want to :), however my heart has really been turned to my own family and I get the greatest thrill out of it. It's all a matter of ATTITUDE, that small word with a BIG difference! I can actually CHOOSE to enjoy the cleaning and laundry etc and make it a wonderful experience. What a change in me!!!!! Maybe another time I'll let you in in how that change came about and what really motivates me each day - besides, of course, the deep knowledge and feeling of being extravagently loved by God!
Life is absolutely wonderful for me these days - I am excited to wake up each morning and am looking forward to each new day. I am feeling better physically now than 10 years ago and I cannot stop thanking God for the MANY blessings he has poured on me!!!
Believe me, this hasn't always been the case - but we'll leave that, too, for another time :)
The 2 babies I mentioned a few days ago ended up being fine with the family they were placed with, so they are not coming with us. That's fine.
I actually got caught up on quite a few things already since Shohan has left, including cleaning most of the windows - really necessary!!!
I have also printed out a flyer I am going to pop into each of our new neighbours' mailboxes, introducing ourselves and inviting them to come over for a "cuppa", how they say here (usually a cup of tea, but can be coffee, too). I really have it on my heart to reach out to our neighbours and have already been praying - especially while taking walks with Kylie.
I am excited to meet our neighbours and - Lord willing - reach out to them with HIS love!
Got another call from the Social Service today, asking if we are willing to start taking care of a little 2 1/2 yr. old boy one week-end a month and in the near future 2 weeks full-time, since his (single) Mum needs an operation. Sure, we're happy to do that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment