Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Our Church - Tauranga Worship Centre I just got back from church. The "Condensed World Mission Course" started tonight, a requirement if you want to become a so-called "Vision Builder". It is quite interesting how this church is set up - quite different to all churches we have ever been involved with. It's a really good church and we've enjoyed going there for the past year and 1/2. There are no members. If you consider TWC your home church, you just let them know, fill out a form and there you go - you're part of the family. You can also start serving in any department of the church as soon as you want to, without any formalities or requirements; just can't lead a department until you are a "Vision Builder". Now if you want to go further, be in leadership and become a "Vision Builder", there are several requirements, one of which is this course I started tonight that is offered once a year. It will go over 8 Wednesday nights and even involves about 3 hours of homework each week (HELP! Why didn't they tell us that beforehand? - hope I can pull it off... ;) I had a few flashbacks sitting in that class tonight - some of the same teaching I received 22 years ago in my School of Evangelism - - - fascinating! Amazing how this teaching has shaped my life and I have never forgotten it - at least the main points :)! It's been a very rainy day today. Jeremie is very sick with a strong flu. He may have tonsilitis and has been sleeping practically the whole day, hardly even wanting to drink... We've been praying - - - Tomorrow morning Rich and I will meet Kylie, Flynn's mother, and Flynn - the little boy that we will start helping out with. Looks like he will stay with us for about 24 hours starting Friday late afternoon to see how things are going. Looking forward to meeting the little man- and his mother, of course!

No comments: