Saturday, July 01, 2006

What a Sweetheart! Last night I bathed Shohan and then Kylie, after Rich took Nathalie and Jeremie to youth group (and went to the House of Prayer). After the 2 little ones were asleep, I was so tired that I needed to go to bed without doing the dinner dishes. It was quite the mess and I had just called Rich to ask him not to bring any of the interns home after the meeting, like he had planned, when I noticed Leilani cleaning the bathrooms thoroughly and then heading to the kitchen to do the dishes. WOW!!! It wasn't her turn to do the dishes and I hadn't asked her to do anything. She said she just wanted to - it helped her forget her sadness about having to change schools... Lord, comfort her heart and help her! I sure was blessed by such an unexpected outburst of servanthood! Got to go to bed now - had a long day with guests - like every day - and a big German meal (Sauerbraten and homemade Spaetzle) that I was asked to prepare for a 30th birthday party this evening. A full and fun day - thank you, Jesus! Shohan continues to be such a joy.

No comments: