Thursday, July 13, 2006
Had a great day
In spite of sadness and tears when Shohan left us, great tiredness and a very challenging Kylie, this day has been really good! When I was up in the early morning after I had given Shohan his last bottle, I was asking God for some comforting word. No, it didn't come through a Scripture as I was thinking, but through a book I received in the mail yesterday, called "Fish" (a New York Times bestseller). What a great reminder that it is our choice if each day ends up good or bad. Circumstances don't determine that but our attitude! A great book I recommend everybody to read!
Here is a quote that really helped me today:
"The past is history
The future is a mystery
Today is a gift
That is why we call it the present."
I also came across a quote from Helen Keller:
"When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But often we look so long at the closed door that we can't see the one that opens before us."
How true!
This has been a great day of serving my family. Kylie had her friend Taylor over and Leilani her friend Stephanie (she's staying for a few days). So it's been quite busy, which has helped me not miss Shohan too much, although I really do miss him! The good thing is that now, I can catch up on some much needed sleep, a bunch of housework and other "stuff" that got put on the backburner while Shohan was with us. Rich and I can also finally have some time together again - even sleep in the same bed again! (I was sleeping in the living room/kitchen with Shohan so that we only needed to heat one room). Rich has been so gracious during these last couple of weeks where he didn't have much of a wife! He was also a great "Daddy" to Shohan!
I was able to take the girls to the hot pool this afternoon (there are lots of thermal hot pools in Tauranga) and we're planning an outing for tomorrow, too!
It was fun to give Shohan's parents a christian CD with lullabies for babies as a gift. I had him listen to this CD (on purpose) since day one, so that I could then give it to the parents and tell them that he was used to listening to it, especially when he was fussy (or grizzly, how they say here) and how it calms him. Hopefully some ongoing spiritual input into that home, insignificant as it may seem... It's been a most wonderful experience having Shohan and I am looking forward to what's coming next...
First things first - I'm going to bed, although it's not even 8:00pm yet... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment