Sunday, July 16, 2006

I'm so glad... This morning while worshipping God in church, I had one of those moments where "something hit me" reeeaaally strongly. Out of the blue (or should I rather say, "Out of heaven") I thought about my life: Here I am, 43 years young (Rich is catching up with me next week - July 29th!) and how very very glad I am that I didn't waste my youth! That was the phrase that kept resounding in my inner ears - I am so glad I didn't waste my youth! The deep gratefulness to God for allowing me to know him young and not only to know him but to have given him my ALL, my very best, brought such joy to my heart (and tears) . It would be unspeakably horrendous to have heard his call and yet not to have responded to him - what awful regrets! It was as if I could feel what those regrets would be - - - terrible!!! Makes me want to shout out to any young person out there: "Don't waste your youth! Don't procastinate your total commitment to God. Give him your all, your best TODAY - it's the very best way to live!!!" By the way, Nathalie and Jeremie came back exhausted but well from the youth camp. I saw light in Jeremie's room late last night and went in to say good night and there he was reading his Bible! He doesn't enjoy reading, except for exceptionnally thrilling adventure books. I guess the Bible is it :)! Got to go now and braid Leilani's hair. She wants lots of tiny braids for the first day in her new school - tomorrow. She's not looking forward to a new school and having to make friends all over again. GRACE for her!

No comments: